Hi Child Lifers!
Happy New Year!!! I hope this new year brings you lots of happiness and many successful patient/family interactions.
It has been a really LONG time since I’ve posted. I definitely underestimated my ability to be an intern, student, and blogger all at the same time! Seriously kuddos to whoever can balance all that.
These past 4 months of my internship have been crazy, exciting, overwhelming, fun, and so much more. Some major highlights have been:
- What I believed would be a one semester internship turned into a two semester internship.
- I have come to embrace my lengthy commute.
- From September to December I have been in both the general pediatric unit and the pediatric intensive care unit.
- Along side my supervisors, I have experienced bereavement support, medical education, therapeutic play, and procedural support.
- I have become confident enough to approach cases independently.
- I have built wonderful relationships with chronic patients and families.
- I survived the holiday rush! It was so much fun 🙂